Ever experienced a nail artist’s block? You’re trying to create a unique type of nail art that no one has ever done before and… nothing. Well don’t despair, my friend, I’ve got quite a few awesome ways to fill the blank and empty recesses of the mind where once so many amazing nail art ideas flowed.
Here’s 18 ways to find some fresh nail art inspiration:
- Classic Mani – Modern Colours. Do a classic manicure in an unusual colour combination, like this Double French manicure.
- Classic Combo. Combine two classic looks in one, like this manicure that incorporates Color Blocking and French tip in one look.
- Upgraded Classics. Take a classic manicure and add some interesting details to the look, like this for example.
- Nail Art Stencils. Fail proof nail art! Just pick your 2-3 favourite colours, pick the nail stencils and make it happen! Here’s a few great examples of what you can do.
- Go Wild. Look to nature, you’ll find plenty of nailspiration – from sunset colours to stone patterns. Marble nails or beach nails, anyone?
- Go Wilder. Take a sea creature, or any other amusing animal, as a starting point.
- Fashion. For me, fashion is the best source of nailspiration. Have a look what we got up to here and you can do just the same.
- Celebrities. Reference a favorite celebrity outfit for nail art inspiration. Like I did here and here.
- Pinterest. 6,000 stunning nail art ideas – right here. And if that’s not enough, you can always browse for more.
- Instagram. Peruse Instagram and check some of your favourite hashtags. There are over 30,000 manicure ideas under the #sonailicious hashtag alone!
- Celebrity nail artist. Re-create a nail design of your favorite nail artist. If you need a suggestion, here’s 10 awesome pro nail artists to stalk for nailspo. Just make you sure you credit your muse!
- Runway Nail Art. Re-create a fashion week manicure. Check out this and these compilations.
- Packaging. Hand-cream inspired nail art, or tiles inspired nails anyone?
- Fabrics Shop. If you can’t visit a local fabric shop just yet (maybe it’s midnight when you’re reading this), browse some online boutiques for nailspiratinal patterns. This and this are two of my favourite ‘sources’!
- Random Choice. Assign numbers to colours and then pick 2-3 colours via Random Number Selector.
- Art. Just Google ‘modern art’, ‘cubism’, ‘impressionism’ or visit your local art gallery.
- Pretty Stationery. No need to buy – just browse the patterns here!
- Still struggling? Check out our Nail Art Gallery for over 200 nail art ideas, most with tutorials!
Now, over to you!
What’s your favourite source of nail art inspiration? Anything else that I should add to the list above?
If you have your own nail art gallery, leave a link in in the comments so we can all check it out!
– Maria, xx
Need more? Check out these awesome ideas!
Did you enjoy this post?
Why not stay in touch by subscribing to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.