Looking for an unusual Spring nail art idea? You’ll enjoy this Edgy Spring nails tutorial then. This nail design was inspired by the colours of the OPI New Orleans collection. I loved how the light pink, bright blue and purple lacquers look together. However, instead of a typical Floral spring manicure, I opted for something a bit more modern and edgy. The solid blocks of colour make an excellent statement and the clean sharp lines make this nail design suitable to wear daily, even for work!
As a bonus, you’ll learn how to do two separate nail designs because this Edgy Spring nail art is a combination of two looks. The contrasting straight half moon detail over a neutral base nail look is great on its own. But adding the elongated French tip makes this design a real stand out. In the video tutorial below, I’ll show you how to do both looks flawlessly and easily yourself.
So ditch the nail art stencils, grab your favourite nail art brushes and let’s do it! Let’s challenge our nail art skills, it’s the best way to improve.
Hit play to watch the Edgy Spring Nail Art tutorial now or watch it FULL screen here.
- ORLY Nailtrition base coat
- OPI Let Me Bayou A Drink – light pink
- OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys – blue
- OPI I Manicure For Beads – purple
- Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat
- SN 03 Spear striping nail art brush – to paint all outlines
- SN 02 Needle liner nail art brush – to fill in the blue and purple details
- SN 04 Slayer clean up brush – to fix mistakes & clean up
- Wearing Rose Gold Knuckle ring.
*In this video I’ve used the second set of the SoNailicious brushes. If you want to be notified first when we launch them, subscribe to this special newsletter.
Now, back to subject of Spring nails… What do you think about this nail design? Are you keen to try it or, is it too easy/too complicated? Is there a specific Spring Nail Art tutorial or technique that you’d like to see on SoNailicious YouTube? Let me know in the comments below!
– Maria, xx