This modern take on the classic half-moon manicure is perfect for winter. I tried to capture the winter vibe with an unusual colour combination of dusty pink and lilac, the colours of a winter sunset on a fine day. However, this design is versatile enough to be created in any colours from your favourite colour combo or step out of your comfort zone and pair some unusual colours. Why not experiment? That’s how trendy manicures are born!
This Winter nail design is relatively easy but you need a steady hand for the white lines. If your unsure about freehanding the lines, I recommend practicing on paper with a nail art brush. This will also help you to get a good feel for the brush.
You will need:
- dusty pink, lilac and white nail polishes
- detailing brush
- striping brush
- triangle studs
- base coat and top coat
1. Paint all nails with dusty pink nail polish
2. Using detailing nail art brush, draw lilac half moons.
3. Start with an outline and then colour in the half moon shape.
4. Take the striping brush and draw white outlines for half moons. Continue with three white vertical lines for the ring and middle fingers.
5. Follow the picture and draw small ‘V’ shaped lines along vertical ones. Make snowflake pattern.
6. Apply top coat and while it is still wet, add four gold triangle studs to each snowflake nail. When it is done, apply one more layer of fast drying top coat. Wait 5-10 minutes and your Winter nails are ready to rock-n-roll!
Used: Kinetics Spotlight Fail, Kinetics Morning After, Kinetics Beginnings and Kinetics Solar Gel Top Coat.
So what do you think about this elegant Winter nails idea? Keen to give it a go?
P.S. As always, if you try this tutorial, make sure you show us your creations! We’d love to see you work – Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicious.
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.