It’s that time of the year, Golden Globes time! So, true to SoNailicious tradition (see the Golden Globes 2015 and the Golden Globes 2014) we’ve turned 6 of the 2016 Golden Globes’ best dresses into nail art. Enjoy!
1. Amy Adams in Versace. I’m a big fan of both Amy Adams and Versace and when the two combine, it’s time for… nail art!
How to: follow this dotticure tutorial to do the gradient dots detail.
Used: Sea Siren Cabin Fever and textured dots – FOA Between The Flags – custom mixed with black to achieve gradient.
2. America Ferrera in Jenny Packham. America looks so bright and fresh in this gown. The bright yellow colour complements her skin tone. As for my nail art interpretation, yellow and silver makes a great nail art combo!
How to: paint all nails with yellow polish leaving a small negative space detail in the middle. Then using a striping nail art brush and fine silver glitter polish, create the silver line details.
Used: Maybelline Fierce’n’Tangy and Kester Black Sugar Daddy.
3. Natalie Dormer in J Mendel. The Game of Thrones star nailed it at the Golden Globes 2016. That neckline is pure nailspiration!
How to: using a striping nail art brush first, paint the red cut out detail with red polish. Next add the black detail and finish by adding the black outlines silver half circle at the top.
Used: Colour Theory Cherry on Top, Dior Black Out and Kester Black Sugar Daddy.
4. Jaimie Alexander in Genny. Geometric print in emerald? Double win!
How to: first paint all nails in emerald green, let it dry. Then use Straight Line and French Manicure nail art stencils to create the pattern, paint over them with a black nail polish and remove the stencils. Done!
Used: Dior Black Out and Mint Polish Czarina.
5. Olivia Wilde in Michael Kors. I don’t know if Olivia played any decent parts in 2015 but that deep V-cleavage deserves a Golden Globe Award of its own! Her makeup artist and hair stylist also did a fantastic job – those eyes and those waves! My interpretation of this look combines dark red and gold polishes to produce elegant evening nail art.
How to: use nail art stencils or just freehand the negative space V-shape. Next use a dotting tool and gold polish to add the ‘necklace’ detail.
6. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior & Chopard. J-Law can do no wrong and her minimalist gown with a statement Chopard piece translate beautifully into nail art!
How to: paint all nails with red nail polish. Then using striping nail art brush and fine silver glitter polish, create the ‘necklace’ detail.
Used: Dior Passion and Kester Black Sugar Daddy.
Top coat used for all designs: Essie Good To Go.
So that’s the SoNailicious Golden Globes 2016 Best Dressed!
A honorary mention goes to Cate Blanchett’s Givenchy gown – I shall try it when my nail art skills improve enough to paint such an intricate pattern. Also, in terms of nailspiration Eva Longoria’s Georges Hobeika floral gown was great, though I wouldn’t categorise her look as ‘best dressed’ (double bow?! What does it mean?)
What about you guys, what are your picks for the best dressed celebrities? Did you do any Golden Globes inspired nails?
– Maria, xx
PC: celebrity images – Jason Merritt/Getty Images & Steve Granitz/WireImage