Halloween is usually associated with all things Autumn. Which is logical since Halloween originates from the ancient Celtic end-of-summer festival. At the same, the westernized version of Halloween is all about everything creepy and ghoulish. However, in Australia spring is in full swing and it’s already so hot and sunny that dark gloomy nails look a bit out of place (unless you’re attending a themed Halloween party).
I’ve done a fair bit of traditional Halloween nail designs in the past. So this year I decided to create a manicure that incorporates both Halloween spirit and Australian spring vibes. In Sydney, October usually coincides with the beginning of the beach season. Hence, beach nails done in traditional Halloween colours!
A great bonus, this nail design can be easily transformed either into traditional beach nails or full on Halloween nails. For beach nails version, replace Halloween colours with summer colour palette, and if you’re aiming for a more Halloween-y look – replace palm tree details with Halloween symbols.
- Start with a protective base coat.
- Add 2-3 coats of a neon green polish.
- Apply black stripe stickers, then add silver stripes and finally, palm leaf stickers. Here’s my best tips on how to apply nail stickers flawlessly.
- Seal with a glossy top coat and you’re done. Easy-breezy!
- ORLY Nailtrition – base coat
- Dior Rush Hour – green
- Silver 003 Stripe stickers
- Black 003 Stripe stickers
- Palm Leaf 050 SoNailicious stickers
- SoNailicious brush 04 Slayer – to clean up around cuticles
- Mavala Gel Finish top coat
Now, over to you!
Are you a fan of Abstract nail art or do you prefer more traditional prints, like florals for instance? …and more importantly, how do you like my Lime in the Sky Abstract nails? :)
– Maria, xx
MORE HALLOWEEN NAIL IDEAS:
- Magic Nails for Halloween and Beyond
- Cute Halloween Nails Like You’ve Never Seen Before
- Vicious Pumpkin Halloween Nail Art. Plus, How-to
- Tutorial: Spider Web nails
- 12 Scarily stunning Halloween nail designs