Do you find it challenging coming up with original Halloween nail designs every year? Me too, I feel like everything has been already done. Ghosts, skulls, vampires, candy corn and tombstones… but true nail art warriors never give up! So after staring at my nails for half an hour (they are very short & strangely shaped at the moment) I’m feeling like Pumpkin Nail Art might be a good start but it needs to be a little bit more detailed, arty and at the same time, pleasant to look at.
And so the Vicious Pumpkins were born! As you may have already guessed, this nail design is entirely hand-painted. If you have a good detailing nail art brush, it should be pretty easy to re-create the look. Give it a go and you’ll see it’s not as complicated as it may seem.
Vicious Pumpkin Nail Art How-To:
- Paint all nails in black glitter or plain black nail polish.
- Using white nail polish and a detailing nail art brush, add pumpkin eyes, nose and mouth on each nail.
- Using yellow, light orange and dark orange polishes and the same nail art brush, paint pumpkin faces over the white details.
- Clean up any polish application mistakes and around cuticles with a sharp angled brush.
- Wait a few minutes and seal your art work with a layer or two of a good top coat.
- ORLY Nailtrition – base coat
- Cirque Colors Smoky Quartz
- Cirque Colors Fire Island
- OPI Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?
- OPI I Just Can’t Cope-acabana
- SoNailicious brush 01 Warrior – to paint skull and bow
- SoNailicious brush 02 Needle – to paint lines
- SoNailicious brush 04 Slayer brush – to clean up
- Mavala Gel Finish top coat
Are these Pumpkins vicious enough to make you want to try them this Halloween?
– Maria, xx
P.S. As always, if you try this nail design, I’d love to see you work – Tweet or Instagram me a photo with the tag #sonailicious.
MORE HALLOWEEN NAIL IDEAS:
- Candy Corn Nails
- Magic Nails for Halloween and Beyond
- Halloween Nail Art: Extra Spooky!
- Tutorial: Spider Web nails
- 12 Scarily Stunning Halloween nail designs
Did you enjoy this post?
Then stay in touch by subscribing to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin.