In so many ways, 2014 was an amazing year. It was a year full of firsts. For the first time I ran a nail art workshop and held pop-up nail art salon. I also tried hundreds of new nail polishes and dozens nail care products. Some were hot, some not and others blew my mind!
So here’s 8 nail care products that amazed me the most in 2014:
1. Rimmel Salon Pro Top Coat Ultra Shine: It was used up so quickly, I didn’t get a chance to photograph the bottle for the full review. It’s easy to apply! It doesn’t shrink and doesn’t get bubbly. It has a fantastic wide brush, like Dior polishes, but without the price tag. Gimme more!!!
Get it $8.95 AUS here.
3. Orly Bonder: It does exactly what it says – it bonds! The Bonder bonds polish to nails so well it became a cult product and celebrity manicurists’ favourite.
Get it $10 US here.
5. Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat: Another affordable yet super-mega-fantastic top coat. I went through at least 6 bottles last year and I still have 4 in my stash, just in case. Yep, it’s that good!
Get it $6.99 US here; $13.95 AUS here.
6. Sea Siren Hand and Foot Scrub: Amazing non-greasy scrub, gentle formula that visibly softens fine lines and leaves hands refreshed and nourished. When we were shooting our DIY hand spa at home tutorial, our hand-model Evgeniya was so impressed by the scrub that she wanted to buy it straight away! Needless to say, on that day we all stayed in just to give ourselves a Sea Siren DIY hand spa.
Get it $29.95 here.
7. Revitanail Remover Wipes: I never thought wipes could remove polish as well as acetone but Revitanail wipes did exactly that. A fantastic multi-tasking product, it removes polish AND moisturises your cuticles simultaneously. Great for travelling and sneaky polish removal in the office! It won’t leak and it won’t smell.
Get it $5.99 AUS here.
8. Jurlique Rose Hand Cream: Just like the Rimmel top coat, this cream got used up too quickly. Hence the photo of the empty tube :) Guys, it’s one of the best smelling and moisturising hand creams out there. So if you’re looking for one (maybe to accomplish Resolution #11) – try this one, it won’t disappoint!
Get it $25 US here, $28 AUS here.
Now guys, tell me…
What new amazing nail care products have you discovered in 2014?
– Maria, xx