Today’s post showcasing an exciting indie nail polish service, What’s In-Die Box is prepared by Christine David from Serenity Nail Spa, Australia. She’s a certified Bio Sculpture manicurist with a passion for Australian indie nail polishes and a talent for discovering new interesting shades! So if you want to know more about indies, Christine is the right person to ask. And, that’s exactly what we did. Enjoy the post! Maria, xx
The limited What’s In-Die box was originally founded in June 2013. It is the only monthly Australian indie polish box on the market yet it is available worldwide. Every month a theme is chosen, and then five Australian Indie makers produce a polish that fits within the theme. Each month different brands contribute to the box, some examples are Lilypad Lacquer, Peita’s Polish, Glam Polish, Emily de Molly, Celestial Cosmetics, Arcane Lacquer and many more. For the most part, the polish is never reproduced, never sold in the online stores, this is a one of a kind deal. The theme is promoted in the lead up to the coming month, and if you like the idea of the theme, you can purchase the box. Other than the teaser theme pictures, the box is entirely a surprise.
Arriving on your doorstep you will find a little white box, lined with tissue paper, holding inside lovingly wrapped bottles of polish. Included with the polish is a note card, describing each brand contributing and the titles of each polish.
6 Reasons To Love What’s In-Die Box:
- Opportunity To Try New Indie Polishes: Sample five indie brands per month. If you’re inexperienced with indie polishes this is a great way to get a taste.
- Surprise: Feel the anticipation of receiving a surprise when you open your package. You may find a polish or a brand that you previously would not have purchased and fall in love with the product.
- Availability: What’s In-Die Box is available to customers worldwide!
- Exclusivity: Add a few limited edition polishes to your stash. Coveted by many, yet you know that you are one of a handful who own the exclusive set.
- No Obligations: You are not obliged to purchase the box every month. There are no contracts.
- The Polish Itself! Australian indie makers are renowned for their high quality ingredients and fantastic formulas. A great range of finishes. Possible inclusions are holographic, crèmes, jellies/crellies, glitterbombs, glitter toppers, shimmers, and glassflecked polishes.
Extra Notes: Of course, there is a possibility you may not like one or more of the polishes included. Are you going to be stuck with them forever? No. Many people who miss out on purchasing a box end up seeking the polishes, and usually you will be able to sell them privately later on. I have always been happy with the quality of the polishes, however on occasion I have received a polish that just didn’t suit my skin tone. It is an inevitable possibility, yet a rarity.
A Preview of What’s In-Die Box March 2014: If you want to know more about contents of the previous boxes check out my reviews – January 2014 What’s In-Die Box, The Muppets; March 2014, Superheroes and Villians (pictured above).
Buying an artisan product from a small business, when compared to larger manufacturing companies, who treat us as a number more than a valued customer, we put a lot of faith in trying new indie brands. I myself, love that each bottle is hand mixed and hand poured, created with passion and exclusivity, and often the customer service offered by these brands is so outstanding the whole experience is exciting and one you don’t want to miss out on.
Availability: $47.99 AUD plus postage, available from Peita’s Polish.
After reading Christine‘s post I was so tempted to order a box but guess what?! The April box is sold out! So I’ll be waiting for the May release… What about you guys, are you keen to try it? How do you like the idea of getting 5 new indie nail polishes every month? Or, have you tried What’s In-Die Box before? What do you think about it?
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter to get our weekly email updates or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.