Indie polish brands! Yet another thing we can be proud about of on Australia Day. Aussie indies have won hearts of many and are some of the most coveted polishes in the world. They are called ‘indie’ because they are hand-blended custom nail polishes that are not mass manufactured but usually made at home. Aussie indies are particularly hard to get. Firstly, because the most coveted shades sell out within days. Secondly, because of strict international shipping policies. Enough talking, check out out this glittery goodness for yourself!
The 5 fabulous Australian indie polish brands:
- Gloss’n’Sparkle – the star of the indie polish world! Fabulous jelly and glitter polishes with quirky names. Retrovertigo and Unicorn Droppings are my favorites!
- Femme Fatale – located in sunny Brisbane, Femme Fatale started its journey in September 2011. Now its one of the most popular worldwide indie nail polishes brands. Enough said?
- Alanna Renee – fabulous glitters in rich shades, originally these nail polishes were created to be used for nail polish jewellery. Dangerous for your savings! You’ll want them all.
- Emily de Molly – Hayleys’ signature jelly polishes and glitter top coats with multi-coloured, multi-sized glitter particles made her a nail blogging favorite!
- Shades of Phoenix – Teneil, the founder, hails from Ballarat, VIC. Her first Greek Mythology themed collection was launched mid January 2013. Guess what? Half the collection has already sold out. Keep an eye on this brand, more to come!
PC: Lissa’s polish addiction (1 & 5), thepolishwell (2), pretty purple polish (3), the nail polish project (4)
Have you tried any of the above? What is your favorite indie brand?
Did you enjoy this post?
Then stay in touch by subscribing to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.