ORLY Steal The Spotlight is a gorgeous teal glitter from the ORLY Sparkle collection. The first time I saw the collection, I fell in love with this unusually beautiful polish. With bright teal glitter and pink jewel flecks, ORLY Steal The Spotlight is incredibly shiny even under daylight. That’s an amazing quality for a glitter polish, usually they’re shiny under artificial light but can turn dull in natural light. Another great bonus, Steal The Spotlight goes on smoothly and dries with a perfectly even, smooth surface. It’s also a rare quality for a thick glitter polish that typically dry with a bumpy, almost sandy surface.
As always, our detailed review below…
- Formula: Thick teal glitter with slightly larger pink particles. A fast drying, 4-FREE formula that is also cruelty-free. Two-three coats is enough to get even coverage. 3 coats pictured.
- Application: High density glitters are hard to apply but if you apply it accurately and slowly, you’ll be fine. Just make sure you apply it cleanly the first time without having to clean up around cuticles. Glitter can be difficult to clean as it’s hard to remove.
- Finish: It’s a super shiny glitter that dries our perfectly smooth without lumps or bumps so it can be worn without a top coat. However a top coat is recommended – it will make this polish shine like a crazy diamond. All photos with 1 layer of a high gloss top coat.
- Wearability: 5 days with a top coat.
- Nail Art: ORLY Steal the Spotlight looks gorgeous worn by itself, but also can be used for all kinds of intricate details – Baroque Nails, half moon details or even French manicures and of course glitter gradients.
Note: Note, as with any glitter polish, it’s a bit difficult to remove. You’ll need to use the soaking method.
Overall Impression: Starting from the unusual colour to the ease of application and longevity, this glitter polish is absolute perfection. Whether you’re a glitter enthusiast, Orly fan or just looking for a one of kind polish to wear for a Christmas or New Year’s party – ORLY Steal The Spotlight will do the job. It will do exactly what the name suggests – steal the spotlight. It was made for parties!
What do you think about this dazzling glitter? Have you tried ORLY Steal The Spotlight?
– Maria, xx