I know, I know, Wednesdays are reserved for nail art tutorials. But guys, I couldn’t resist showing you this stunner! I wanted you to see it first, before it sells out everywhere as it often happens with particularly good-looking polishes. And, OPI’s This Color’s Making Waves is certainly one of these.
A gorgeous metallic with a subtle bright turquoise/cobalt duochrome effect and extra-fine gold and pink speckles make this stunner an absolute must-have for the new season. Plus, there’s the top-quality OPI formula and ease of application to make it even more appealing. The complex colour will look flattering on any skin colour. This polish is summer perfection and looks breathtaking with a pair of blue jeans or anything white.
For our technical rundown, see the review below.
REVIEW – OPI This Color’s Making Waves:
- Formula: 3-FREE, very fast-drying, highly pigmented and feels very luxurious. Two-three coats required to get fully opaque coverage.
- Application: Signature OPI extra wide brush makes it very easy to apply. It dries quickly and evenly without any streaks.
- Finish: Bright metallic bright turquoise/cobalt duochrome effect. Pictured here without top coat to demonstrate how naturally shiny it is.
- Wearability: so far, it’s been 2 days without a top coat and going fine. This Color’s Making Waves survived the ‘beach test’ with some sand castle building action too.
- Nail Art: Perfect for any kind of nail art or details. Would also look awesome mattified.
UNDER DIRECT LIGHT (photo above) v IN SHADE (photo below)
Now a little bonus! A sneak peek of the entire OPI Hawaii collection for Spring/Summer 2015. After the moody 50 Shades of Grey, this collection featuring 12 bright colours, is a breath of fresh air. It includes:
- 1 metallic – This Color’s Making Waves (featured today),
- 2 shimmers – My Gecko Does Tricks (pearlescent bright golden green) and Go With The Lava Flow (muted golden orange),
- 1 shimmering creme – Just Lanahng Around (mauve with a subtle silver shimmer) – beautiful elegant colour,
- 7 cremes ranging from mint to dark purple,
- 1 mad glitter bomb – Pineapples Have Peelings Too (multi glitter in gold shimmer base).
In Australia, OPI Hawaii will be available from March in David Jones and Myer.
So, how do you like OPI Hawaii and the amazing This Color’s Making Waves? Will you be getting some?
– Maria, xx