So excited to present another fantastic nail polish innovation – OPI Sheer Tints. They come in 4 new hues: Blue – I Can Teal You Like It, Pink – Be Magental With Me, Yellow – I’m Never Amberrassed and Purple – Don’t Violet Me Down. An infusion of transparent colour with high shine, these top coats offer endless opportunities for experimenting.
I had an opportunity to play with all four colours. I have to say that initially, the new sheer, thick formula didn’t quite work for me. But the more different looks I tried, the more I liked Sheer Tints. In fact, the end result was quite pleasing (the 3 looks I’m showing you today) and I’m keen to tell you all about it. Read the review below!
- Formula: Thick, syrup-like formula. Fast drying and 3-free.
- Application: Because the formula is quite thick you need to get used to working with Sheer Tints. Try on one nail or a practice wheel before starting your design.
- Finish: Very sheer glossy topper.
- Brush: Signature OPI wide brush.
- Nail Art: Perfect for a simple layering or nail art such as gradient nails, watercolour nails, polka dot nails or checked nail designs. Also, great as a base for more advanced nail designs, ie. tribal or aztec pattern over gradient base.
OPI Sheer Tints overall Impression: If you’re craving something new and unusual OPI Sheer Tints are for you. You can create more interesting designs by combining all 4 of them in one look. However, if you’re after precise and detailed designs, this is not the right product. They more about water-color like looks with blurred boarders. Just keep that in mind when creating nail art with Sheer Tints and you’ll enjoy the ride.
OPI Sheer Tints available now: online here, $9.00. in Australia in David Jones and selected salons – $19.95.
Wearing: Floral Crown Ring.
I’m definitely keen to experiment more with Sheer Tints. What do you think about OPI Sheer Tints? Keen to try them?
UPDATE: If you want to learn how to do the blue Tartan Nails check out this nail art tutorial.
Did you enjoy this post?
Then stay in touch by subscribing to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.