By now you’ve probably heard the news, the Pantone colour of 2015 is Marsala. A bold pop of neutral, this shade of a wine red with earthy brown undertones is flattering against many skin tones. So whether it’s a lipstick or polish, you can easily incorporate Marsala in your beauty routine.
Today’s tutorial is an easy Marsala nail art using striping tape. You can pretty much do any design you like with this colour with a bit of time and imagination.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Light and dark Marsala nail polish
- A base coat
- A topcoat
- Striping tape
- Apply 2 coats of light Marsala nail polish on each nail. Allow your nails to dry completely.
- Attach striping tape as pictured. Make sure the tape is attached to the nail properly to ensure the clean lines.
- Next, working one nail at a time, paint each nail with the darker Marsala nail polish. Carefully remove the striping tape with tweezers. Repeat this step on all nails.
- When all nails are done, apply 2 coats of a quick dry clear top coat and you’re finished!
Used: Orly Bonder base coat, OPI OPI Scores A Goal, China Glaze InfraRed, and Seche Vite top coat.
So what do you think about the colour of the year? Keen to give Marsala a try?
As always, if you try this tutorial, make sure you show us your creations! We’d love to see you work – Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicious.
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter to get our weekly email updates or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.