A gold polish that’s flattering on any skin tone and also strengthens your nails? Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, Burberry Antique Gold is all that and more. This colour is from the Burberry Fall 2014 beauty collection however, the unusual shade of gold makes it suitable for any season. In summer for example, gold nails will look stunning on slightly tanned skin. And, because Burberry Antique Gold is much darker than your typical gold polish, it’ll also look great on your nails during the colder months. Plus, the elegant metallic effect with a subtle shimmer makes this polish suitable for day and night.
So how does this versatile polish also strengthen nails? Well, the formula contains two ingredients well-known in the beauty industry for their moisturising and healing qualities – antioxidant pro-vitamin B5 (panthenol) and myrrh extract (commiphora myrrha).
Want to know more about this magic enamel? Read our full review below!
REVIEW – Burberry Antique Gold:
- Formula: The 4-FREE formula also contains strengthening and moisturising elements, including pro-vitamin B5 and myrrh extract. This helps to protect nails and prevent breaking. This polish is very fast-drying and highly pigmented. Only two coats required to get fully opaque coverage.
- Application: Fantastic wide rounded-end brush makes it very easy to apply. This Burberry polish dries quickly and evenly without any streaks – a great quality for a metallic polish.
- Finish: Dark gold metallic & very glossy. Pictured here without top coat to demonstrate how naturally shiny it is.
- Wearability: Long lasting, 4 days with a top coat – not even the tiniest chip.
- Nail Art: Perfect for any kind of nail art or details. It would also look fantastic mattified like these Bronze Nails or with studs like this Studded Nail Art.
Overall Impression: Burberry Antique Gold is a beautiful dark gold metallic polish with a fantastic, strengthening and fast-drying formula. The brush is also great. Plus, Burberry is probably the only luxury beauty brand that doesn’t charge Australians double price for their products. *The price of the polish reflects a fair conversion from US dollar to AUS dollar, and to me that is another great reason to add more luxurious Burberry polishes to my collection.
Have you tried Burberry nail polishes before? How do you like the featured Burberry Antique Gold colour?
– Maria, xx