Australis Milky Way is a lovely white jelly glitter polish from their recent Special Effects Glitter collection. I picked it up along with (quite) a few other polishes during a recent 40% off sale at Priceline.
Usually I prefer to do jelly sandwich manicures myself (like here and here) as it allows more freedom when creating combinations of base colours and glitter shades. But Milky Way has such a diversity of glitter particles that it’s really different to any other jelly glitters currently on a market (including indies). Its fresh and whimsical look reminds me of summer and holidays by the beach. Just have a look at the photos, they really say it all about this lovely shade! The only thing missing is a piña colada!
Read our full review of Australis Milky Way polish below.
- Finish: Classic jelly glitter with milky white base. Glitter particles of three sizes – small bright blue, medium yellow and large in different bright colours.
- Formula: Very sheer. To achieve full coverage you’ll need at least 4 coats or apply 2 coats over an opaque white base. Be careful, it dries quickly and even quicker with a fast dry top coat. It slides on evenly without leaving strokes – a great thing for a jelly glitter polish.
- Brush: Mid size. Easy to use.
- Nail Art: It can be used for two toned nails or as a top coat over other shades.
- Additional comment: Vegan friendly. Also, as any glitter Milky Way is difficult to remove, so soaking method should be applied.
- Australis Milky Way nail polish overall impression: Beautiful, trendy jelly glitter nail polish with unique combination of glitter particles. We’d recommend.
Available: $7.95 p/bottle in Australia from Big W & Priceline.
So lovelies, how do you like this one? Have you ever tried Milky Way? Would love to know your opinion!