This is the year of matte nails. A matte top coat isn’t new anymore but for unknown reasons its existence has been ignored until 2013. On roughly 40% of runways of 2013-2014 season nails are being mattified. Matte is finally having its moment! And for us nail art addicts, it’s time to take our matte top coat to the next level!
Here are the best 7 matte nail art ideas:
- Matt nails with gloss accents in one colour (it can be purple or dark blue not just black matte nails). It can be a chevron pattern like the pictured nail art by Pshiiit or any other pattern (leopard print, dots, stripes, drops, etc). Simply draw the pattern with a high gloss top coat over the matte base in dark shade.
- A matte nail (or two) as a part of a skitlette manicure. If you’re going to try this look make sure you check out ChitChatNails for some ideas.
- Matt nails with glitter details as done by Pshiiit. To re-create this design use sticky tape.
- Matte details on glossy nails. As with these chevron nails with matte tips, it’s better if the colour of matte detail is a different shade to the base.
- Matte over glitter. A very unusual effect that can be done on any shade of polish. Just make sure the glitter contrasts with the base. Nail art by LusterLacquer.
- Ombre mattified. Nail art by AubreyHannah.
- Shine of the Times mattified. For a day time look use pastel shades instead of the black base.
Which of the above nail designs do you like the most and what will you try?
Make sure you Tweet or Instagram us your nail art @So_Nailicious, we’d love to see it! Tag your photos #SoNailicious to get discovered.