There are so many fun ways you can you use striping tape for nail art. You can use it as a guide for straight lines, for stripey nails or colour blocking nails. You can also use the tape itself as decoration. The XL size tape would be wasted as just a nail guide. Instead, create a statement nail design to feature the wide tape.
Here’s 3 funky nail art ideas to help you to think outside of the box and use striping tape differently. To make these looks you’ll need black and silver wide striping tape and a few bright nail polishes. These designs are bold and eye-catching and super easy to do. So let’s get started!
Let’s see the how-tos!
LOOK 1. Funky Color Blocking Nails
1. Paint nails with 2 layers of nude polish. Wait till it’s dry then attach striping tape as pictured.
2. Working one nail at a time, paint one half yellow and remove striping tape while the polish is still wet. Repeat this step for all nails. Wait till nails are completely dry.
3. Cut a few strips of black striping tape and when nails are completely dry, attach them to nails as shown in the picture
4. Complete the look with silver wide striping tape. Trim the tape edges with cuticle trimmers and apply 2 layers of top coat.
Used: Artistic Colour Gloss Elegance, Kinetics Narcissus, silver and black wide striping tape, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat.
LOOK 2. Funky Two Toned Nails
1. Paint nails with 2 layers of nude polish. Wait till it’s dry then attach striping tape in diagonal lines as pictured.
2. Working one nail at a time, paint lower part bright pink and remove the striping tape with tweezers while the polish is still wet. Repeat this step for all nails. Wait till nails are completely dry.
3. Cut the tape diagonally in few strips. Place them on the nail as pictured.
4. Trim the tape edges with cuticle trimmers and apply 2 layers of fast drying top coat.
Used: Artistic Colour Gloss Elegance, Orly Window Shopping, silver and black wide striping tape, and Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat.
LOOK 3. Funky Ombre Nails
1. Choose 5 nail polishes for the ombre nails look – from light orange till purple, and paint each nail in a different shade.
2. When all nails are dry, cut silver and black tape in the strips and place them one by one on nails as shown in pictures.
3. Trim the tape edges with cuticle trimmers.
4. Finish your nail design with 2 layers of top coat.
* This funky nail art is super easy to do, so no step-by-step pictorial for this one, please follow the instructions above to get the look.
Used: Kinetics Under My Feather, Kinetics Think Samba, Kinetics King of Red, Kinetics Parrot In The Bar, Kinetics Lost in Copacabana, silver and black wide striping tape, Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat.
Now, over to you!
Which one of the funky nail art ideas is your favourite?
***As always, if you try these nail art tutorials, make sure you show us your creations! We’d love to see you work – Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicious.
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.