Attention fellow nail polish addicts! This isn’t just another unattainable Haute Couture summer 2014 makeup trends article. Instead, we show you some of the best trends that you can actually adopt for real life. These makeup looks are quick and easy to re-create, no advanced skills required. Plus, it’s likely you already own the products required to get these looks, so you won’t need to spend a fortune updating your makeup collection for the 2014 season.
Without further ado, here the best 9 makeup trends you (and I!) should try this summer:
1. BARE FACE: this one is the easiest as ironically this summer one of the main makeup trends is actually complete absence of makeup or bare minimum. To fake the flawless bare face – a touch of sheer foundation (MAC Face & Body Foundation is perfect for this) and one coat of mascara.
2. BLUE EYELINER: things get a bit more complicated here as you’d be required to work with eye liner. But if eyeliner is too much for you, just use bright blue eye pencil to highlight inner corner of your eye or apply bright blue (periwinkle, teal or turquoise) eye shadows on your upper lid a-la makeup at Dior Fall 2014.
3. BRONZED GODDESS: perfect makeup for summer vacation just apply some shimmering bronzer (liquid or powder) on your cheeks, forehead and chin. If you already got sun kissed, even better, skip the bronzer and simply add 1 coat of black mascara to you rlashes and golden brown lip gloss for your lips.
4. FAKE LASHES: there are so many easy-to-apply fake lashes currently on the market and this look is perfect for summer parties – not too much and still it’s quite a statement! To get this look all you need is one layer of sheer foundation, nude lipstick, black mascara and of course, a set of stick-on fake lashes!
5. GRAPHIC EYELINER: either wear a statement graphic eyeliner and keep the rest of your makeup minimal, or go for a classic Hollywood bombshell look – red lips + winged eye.
6. METALLIC EYES: Wear gold, bronze or silver eyeliner or eye shadow on your upper eye lid only, or if you feel more adventurous – all around your eyes. Think smokey eyes, but use metallic eyeshadow instead of classic dark.
7. ORANGE LIPS: that orange lipstick you bought last summer gets a work out this summer too! Check out our best tips for wearing orange lipstick.
8. SHEER PASTEL EYE SHADOW: another great eye-focused makeup look this time it’s more feminine and suitable for everyday. Pair sheer eye shadow with flawless skin (use good coverage foundation, like Jane Iredale Glow Time) and nude lips. Skip mascara and blush.
9. WHITE EYELINER: the same as with other eye-focused makeup looks (ie. blue eyeliner, sheer pastel and metallic eyes), all you need to do is line your upper lid with white eyeliner. For evening, add red lipstick and a touch of blush.
As you see, makeup this summer is as easy as it gets! Which makeup trend is you favorite and which one are you keen to try?
Feel free to suggest if you’d like to see a tutorial for any of these looks in our upcoming #MakeupMonday posts!
– Maria, xx
Photos: from here, here and here.
Did you enjoy this post?
Then stay in touch by subscribing to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.
GET THE LOOK/S: