First of all massive thank you to everyone that joined our peaceful protest against war! It was brave and kind of you to stand up and voice your opinion. Over 100 people joined our protest. Some of you created manicures to support this cause (scroll through the gallery to see some of the best), others simply posted nice images and some, like Julia from LiveShopTravel even wrote blog posts. Together, we’ve reached over 1,000,000 people all around the world!
And, of course, it’s not just us, millions of people stood up against the violence – each in their own way and each for their own reasons. Many protested via social media and together, we’ve created a greater awareness of the ongoing tragedies in the Middle East and Ukraine. While unfortunately the wars continue, there are already some positive changes. Most notably, 24-hour cease-fire in Israel and Palestine, Russian regions have transferred over 800,000 US dollars to support refugees from Ukraine and France has pledged 11 million euros in humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.
Finally, if you’d like to help children in the affected areas directly, we’ve compiled a list of charities:
- Save the Children UK, that works in 120 countries and helps children in Gaza, Syria and South Sudan. You can donate here.
- SOS Children Villages UK is bringing emergency relief to children in Ukraine, Syria and Gaza.
- Children of Zaporozhye, Ukraine. You can donate here.
- Palestine Children Relief Fund directly helps to children in the affected areas. You can donate here.
- ANERA helps Palestinian refugees and poor in Gaza and Lebanon. See what they do here.
- Ukrainian Charity (UBB), you can help refugees from Donetsk here.
- Red Cross, you can donate here to help people in Syria, Iraq and Gaza-Israel.
I hope many of you will join me and help children in the affected areas. Guys, together we can make this world a better place!
– Maria, xx
PS. If you feel like leaving a comment, please keep it positive and constructive. Our aim is to foster peace, not create arguments. Also, if you have some suggestions about what else can be done, please let us know! If you know any other charity that helps people in the affected areas, please leave a link in the comments or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.