Hello from Cyprus! Elina here with a new fabulous and easy nail art tutorial for you. If you enjoyed Maria’s geo gradient nail art inspired by Roman architecture, check out my interpretation of the Cyprus landscape. Cypriot architecture is all about simple shapes and soft, light colours. That and the eternally bright blue sky inspired me to create this geometric nail art.
This design is suitable for any skill level. If you’re just beginning your nil art journey, use nail stencils to simplify the process and if you’re an expert with the brush, try to free-hand this design. Also, if you’re short on time, do just one or two accent nails and paint others in matching plain pastel colours. Let your creativity and imagination flow, this manicure has so much room for experimentation. The important thing is to enjoy!
You will need:
- nude, yellow, blue and white nail polishes
- french manicure stickers
- striping tape
- detailing nail art brush
- base coat and top coat
- Paint all nails with 2 coats of opaque nude nail polish and wait till your nails are touch-dry.
- Take French manicure stickers and apply as pictured.
- Working one nail at a time, paint tips yellow with bright yellow nail polish then carefully remove the sticker.
- Attach the striping tape or straight nail stencils as pictured.
- Again, work one nail at a time. Using a small nail art brush, fill the half moon area blue and remove the stencil.
- With a detailing nail art brush and white nail polish, paint a half circle as pictured. Let them dry for 10 minutes and then apply 2 coats of a quick dry clear top coat. Done!
Used: OPI My Vampire Is Buff (nude), OPI Alpine Snow (white), Inglot #976 (yellow), Elixir #62 (blue), French manicure stencils and Seche Vite top coat.
Have you ever been to Cyprus? How do you like this Cypriot inspired nail design, will you give it a go?
As always, if you try this tutorial, make sure you show us your creations! We’d love to see you work – Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicious.
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter to get our weekly email updates or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.