Summer is here and it brings bold, bright, and beautiful nails to the forefront of any sunny day! With several summer nail polish collections out, we have reviewed them all to bring you the best and brightest. Even though it’s winter in Australia, these collections still provide plenty of options. Many have colors suitable for the cooler season as well like vibrant chocolate brown, delicate nudes and vibrant blues.
Also, each chosen collection seems to have at least one glittery or shimmery gem of a polish that will be sure to shine on your fingertips in summer sunlight. Take a look…
1. Essie Summer 2017
This unique collection is inspired by different French pastries (yum!), with a lot of pastels, but there are some bolder options if that’s more your style. This line takes advantage of lots of summer trends, while having a more special inspiration point than just the season. It would look wonderful at classy cocktail party by the pool or even a weekend at the beach with your friends.
Essie Summer 2017 nail lacquers:
- S’il Vous Play – metallic pink
- Fondant of You – creamy orange
- Eclair My Love – deep raspberry red
- Sweet Souffle – pearly white
- Baguette Me Not – bright lavender
- Blue-la-la – light baby blue
Available now: here for $9 USD, not available in Australia yet.
2. ORLY Coastal Crust
The colors in the new ORLY Summer 2017 nail polish collection are anything but subtle. They are bright, beautiful and they demand attention. This collection includes 6 vibrant colors, that are perfect for the beach and summer parties.
ORLY Coastal Crush Summer 2017 nail polish colours:
- Surfer Dude – neon red creme
- Summer Fling – sun bleached neon orange
- No Regret – juicy fuchsia pink
- Under the Stars – sparkly royal blue metallic
- For the First Time – neon grape purple creme
- Sea You Soon – vibrant turquoise shimmer
Must-have colors: Sea You Soon and Summer Fling
Available now: here for $8.50 USD (Coming to Sally Beauty and Ulta soon)
3. Christian Louboutin Metalinude
This small collection is the epitome of luxury. Its name Metalinude couldn’t be more perfect as it captures several skin tones and metallic finish. If you want your nails to shine bright like diamonds this summer, these new nail polishes, without doubt, worth the splurge.
Louboutin Metalinude 2017 nail lacquers:
- Irisa – dark and deep shimmery champagne metallic
- Preciosa – shimmery rose gold metallic
- Goldissima – creamy gold metallic
4. OPI California Dreaming
OPI captures all the color trends in their new line, California Dreaming. This collection allows for a variety from subtle to bold and even has a few shimmery polishes. Because of all the diversity, this collection is perfect for any summer occasion from a relaxing day by the pool to a night out with friends!
OPI California Dreaming 2017 nail lacquers:
- Don’t Take Yosemite for Granite – brownish gunmetal metallic
- Feeling Frisco – light warm nude
- Barking Up the Wrong Sequoia – tan beige creme
- Sweet Caramel Sunday – sparkly bronze
- Excuse me, Big Sur – peach nude
- Malibu Pier Pressure – delicate baby girl pink
- GPS I Love You – fuchsia pink
- Me, Myselfie, and I – bright coral red
- To the Mouse House We Go – classic red
- Time for a Napa – warm blush pink
- Santa Monica Beach Peach – bright orange
- Malibu Pier Pressure – lighter, but bright pink
- This is Not Whine Country – rich cool red
5. Dior Vernis Care and Dare 2017
While this collection is small, it is mighty. It provides a strong beach presence as you’re reminded sandy beaches and tans. It’s the only collection on the list that features a more dark brown hue, but it’s easy to see why it was chosen. I’d wear these colors to the beach any day.
- Optic White – white
- Coral Crush – pinkish/orange
- Blazing Bronze – rich bronze brown
I’ve already got to play with the new Dior and Orly summer polishes (lucky me) here at SoNailicious HQ and Maria is dying to get her hands on the new Louboutin Metalinude beauties.
What about you, have you already tried any of these summer nail polishes? And, which collection is on your list?