Without further ado, here’s the how-to!
You will need:
- turquoise blue, gold and black nail polishes
- a cup with room temperature water
- base coat and top coat
- liquid tape / peel off base
- Paint all nails with turquoise blue polish. Use liquid tape, peel off base or PVA glue around your nails to avoid a lot of cleanup.
- Fill the cap with room temperature water. Put a drop of the gold polish in the water, wait two seconds till it spreads.
- Spray the polish drop in the water with a hair spray. When it is sprayed, it will make pattern as pictured. Now work fast because thin layer of polish in the water will dry very fast.
- Quickly but accurately dip one or two nails in it and then take out.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 for all nails.
- When gold details are done, repeat steps 2 – 5 with black polish, till you are happy with result.
- With a cotton pad dipped in polish remover clean up the mess around the nails.
- Finish the design with a quick dry clear top coat.
Are you a fan of stone inspired nail designs? Will you try these Turquoise nails?
Did you enjoy this nail art tutorial?
I’ve just launched my Spring Nail Art Book featuring 13 nail designs with step-by-step instructions. You can see all nail designs and purchase the book here.