Sideways Ruffian nails are a great alternative to the classic Ruffian manicure. It’s chic and so much easier to do! No special nail art skills required, just make sure you have stencils and a detailing brush.
For this design, I used the new Picture Polish colours – Douceur amd Bonkers purchased during our recent trip to the Gold Coast. That’s where Picture Polish HQ is located. I used this as an opportunity to make a humble birthday present to myself and got all (ok, almost all!) the colours I’ve coveted for so long. Ok, that’s enough about our Gold Coast adventure for now. You’ll see everything, interviews, nail designs, new polishes and photo-reports for yourself soon. For now, let’s get back to our Sideways Ruffian nails.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Jelly Glitter polish
- Opaque nail polish matching the gelly glitter polish you’re using as your base
- French Manicure Stencils
- Detailing nail art brush
- Top coat & base coat
- Apply 2 coats of gelly glitter polish. Wait till it’s completely dry and proceed to the next step.
- Apply french manicure stencils sideways on each nail.
- Using the small detailing nail art brush paint the Ruffian details with opaque nail polish, bright burgundy in our case.
- Accurately remove all stencils. Wait a couple of minutes for the Ruffian details to dry, clean up around cuticles and apply 2-3 coats of clear fast drying top coat. Done!
Are you a fan of Ruffian manicure? What do you think about the Sideways version?
If you try it, make sure you tag @So_Nailicious in your photo on Instagram or Twitter. I’d love to see your work!
– Maria, xx
PS. How do you like the new style of photos? Using new lenses!