Christmas is almost here (can you believe it?), which means the most beautiful and luxurious nail polish collections have begun arriving. Today, I’m showcasing the highly anticipated new OPI Holiday range – Love OPI XOXO. If you follow me on Snapchat (username: SoNailicious) you already have seen the sneak peeks I posted from the Australian launch. The stunning new colours are perfect for the festive season, so first things first, let’s have a closer look!
The collection includes 12 limited edition colours available in classic Nail Lacquer, Infinite Shine and GelColor formulas. With a palette featuring a variety of stunning evening colors and new interesting finishes, Love OPI XOXO is the epitome of the Holiday season. Whether you prefer soft feminine barely there manicures, mega shiny holographic digits or daring dark nails, there’s a nail lacquer for every taste!
There are 2 dark classic cremes, 2 pearlescent shimmers, 2 classic shimmers, metallics, 1 foil metallic, 1 flakie jelly and 2 jelly polishes. All colours are well pigmented – cremes are fully opaque in just two coats!
Love OPI XOXO 2017 collection colours
Cool shades (top row – from right to left):
- Gift of Gold Never Gets Old – A champagne gold metallic in smooth foil finish
- Snow Glad I Met You – A sheer pearlescent soft white with iridescent rose gold shimmer particles
- Ornament to Be Together – A thick silver shimmer with inclusion of holographic particles
- Coalmates – A rich denim blue shimmer
- Holidazed Over You – A glossy black blue creme
- Top the Package with a Beau – Gold flakes suspended in a black jelly base
Reds (bottom row – from right to left):
- The Color That Keeps On Giving – A sheer pearlescent light pink with iridescent fuchsia shimmer particles
- My Wish List is You – A classic fire red jelly
- Adam said “It’s New Year’s, Eve” – A rich, glossy apple red in a semi-jelly finish
- Sending You Holiday Hugs XOXO – A metallic red with inclusion of fine gold shimmer
- Feel the Chemis-tree – A metallic grape purple with fine purple and red shimmer
- Wanna Wrap? – A glossy black-burgundy creme
Scroll the gallery below to see swatches…
Now, as with all Limited Edition collections, you probably want to know if there are any dupes from the previous OPI launches. Love OPI XOXO is a very unique range and after looking far and wide I’ve found only a few similar colours:
- My Wish List is You is very close to Unrepentantly Red. However, the latter has a classic creme formula and My Wish List is You is a jelly.
- Adam said “It’s New Year’s, Eve” isclose to Unequivocally Crimson (it’s my fave OPI red – see it in action here). However, Adam said “It’s New Year’s, Eve” is one tone darker.
- Wanna Wrap is almost identical to I’ll Have Manhattan from last year’s Breakfast At Tiffany’s Holiday collection. The latter is slightly cooler than Wanna Wrap.
- Feel the Chemis-tree is similar to Turn On the Northern Lights. The latter, though, is an eggplant purple, while the Feel the Chemis-tree is a brighter grape purple with inclusion of gold.
- OPI Coalmates: If you’re looking for a high drama dark nail colour, you should definitely consider this denim shimmer. It looks very flattering on almost any skin tone and is great for any kind of nail art.
- OPI Sending You Holiday Hugs XOXO: This metallic shimmer red screams party. Wear it with a matte top coat for a sophisticated edgy look.
- OPI Feel the Chemis-tree: This stunning shimmering metallic in a bright purple hue is anything but subtle – perfect for the party season!
So what do you think about Love OPI XOXO and what’s your favourite colours?
– Maria, xx