Long days and neon nails, bring it on summer! Is your holiday just around the corner? Mine too and I’m in full-on vacation mode, craving for much brighter manicures. If your job is a bit conservative and you’re restricted to nude nails, the holidays are the best time to go wild with your nail art. So let’s ride the neon wave!
Neon nail polish look fantastic on tanned skin and really stands out when paired with black and white. These colours are perfect for a summer manicure.
This geometric Neon nail design is more on the advanced side, but if you follow the step by step below you’ll be able to do it easily. Just take your time and your patience will be rewarded. So without further ado, here’s the how to!
You will need:
- neon yellow, white and black nail polishesx
- striping brush
- detailing brush
- base coat and top coat
- Paint all nails in neon yellow.
- Using striping brush, draw a black horizontal line on each nail
- Follow with more black lines as pictured
- Take a detailing brush and fill the space between lines with black nail polish
- Then draw a small triangle on the top of each nail
- To make the design pop, draw a white outline to the upper triangle and fill in a lower triangle with white nail polish. When it is done, apply a fast drying top coat.
Used: OPI Nail Envy, Kinetics Just Married, Yellow Shock and Jet Black, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat and this detailing nail art brush.
Hope you enjoyed this Geo Neon nail tutorial! If you try it, we’d love to see you work – Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicious.
Want to know what brand makes the best neon polishes? Head over here.
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.