Just in time for the weekend, here’s an evening manicure idea for short nails. This elegant dark red and gold design is based on a Gothic Moons manicure I did a while ago. I wasn’t too optimistic it would work, but I gave it a go and it’s actually perfect. The light gold edgy half moon details break up the plain dark red nail space and visually elongate the nail shape. The curvy lines form a sharp end giving this manicure a sexy femme fatale vibe without going over board. This manicure looks great glossy or mattified.
Another great bonus, this eternally elegant nail design is very quick to do!
- Paint all nails in champagne gold colour.
- Without waiting for it to dry using dark red polish paint the curvy part on each nail. Starting from the bottom of the nails and twisting the nail brush to create the curve.
- If some curves didn’t turn out too perfect fix the mistakes with a striping nail art brush. With gold polish – elongate the sharp ends to make them all the same length or with a dark red polish fix the curves at the nail bed.
- Add 1-2 coats of a quick drying glossy or matte top coat and you’re done!
*Alternatively, you can use nail art stencils like these ‘heart tips‘ to do the spikey details. Paint your nails in dark red, wait till it’s dry and then attach stencils on all nails at the nail bed with a spikey part pointing toward the nail tip. Fill it in with gold nail polish. Remove the stencil and apply top coat.
- Diorific Smoky,
- Color Club Antiquated,
- Essie Good To Go top coat
- Essie Matte About You.
- SoNailicious 03 Spear striping nail art brush
Wearing: Delicate Crown Ring.
– Maria, xx