Christmas is a magical time when dreams can come true. So true to my little tradition, instead of waiting for Santa, I got myself some early Christmas presents. Well, you can’t rely on men for things like that. So as soon as I knew the new Diorific ‘Golden Shock’ collection hit Australian shores I marched to the Dior beauty counter and acquired the coveted bottles.
Today I present you with Part 1 – The Red Diorifics!
REVIEW – Diorific Vernis 762 Shock:
- Formula: A fast drying, highly pigmented 5-FREE formula that is also cruelty-free. Two thin coats is enough to get even coverage (2 coats pictured).
- Application: The Diorific formula is thicker than a typical Dior polish but thanks to their great brush, application is easy.
- Finish: High gloss, creme with a slight shimmering effect can be easily worn without a top coat. Adding 1-2 coats of a top coat really emphasises the shimmering effect. This red polish is truly one of a kind! All swatches – no top coat. Photos of polish and lipstick with a top coat.
- Wearability: 4 days with a top coat.
- Nail Art: Diorific Vernis Shock will be great for nail art but it’s such a stunning red that I prefer to wear this one on its own. It’s perfect for evening manicures, can be a great base for a red and gold glitter gradient or even a classic half moon manicure a la Dita Von Teese.
…and now, the lipstick!
REVIEW – Diorific Lipstick 006 Ardent Shock:
- Formula: Creamy, highly pigmented, moisturising lipstick. It’s perfect for a special occasion (NYE!) and looks luxurious .
- Application: You’ll need to line your lips with a matching or lighter shade of red pencil to ensure flawless application.
- Finish: Diorific Ardent Shock lipstick consists of two parts, flame red creme and golden red shimmer. You can wear them separately or easily create an ombre lip effect. The golden part worn over the red cream will add extra volume to your lips.
- Wearability: It’s relatively long lasting. I wore this lipstick on a night out and went for about 4 hours without any need to touch up. The superb quality makes this a worth while beauty investment!
Overall Impression: It’s a fact, Dior produces some of the best luxury nail polishes. The brush, the formula and colours are pure perfection. When it comes to producing the limited edition Diorific collection the guys at Dior have put even more effort in. The packaging is a work of art and the colours are stunning, even though this year the palette is more classical.
So if you’re a fan of Dior, love red or just want to spoil yourself, then I highly recommend adding these to your stash. Especially the lipstick, it’s the only one like this currently on the market!
Availability: Diorific Golden Shock collection is available now worldwide. However, it is selling out quickly. Most online stores don’t have any Diorific polishes left in stock. The only 2 places I could find the entire collection is in the links below.
- Diorific Vernis Shock 762 – $27 online here or here. In Australia – via Dior beauty counters – $43.
- Diorific Lipstick Ardent Shock 006 – $38 here. In Australia – $53. Also, loving the dark red Diorific Mysterious Shock 008 – $38 here.
- Gold Leaf Ring – $19.90 here.
So how do you like Diorific Vernis Shock and Diorific Lipstick Ardent Shock? Have you already tried them? Are you going to invest into these reds?
– Maria, xx