With over 100,000 followers, Arelis Parache is one of the most popular nail art Instagrammers in the US. Now a stay-at-home mum, Arelis always loved doing her own flawless nails. With the rise of social media, she has transformed her hobby into something much bigger. So much so that she is now the official Nail Blogger of Cosmopolitan Latina and successfully collaborates with a numerous brands. So apart from the obvious, her consistently flawless and unique manicures, what’s the secret behind Arelis success?
We talk about just that in this interview. Read on!
NAIL FILE: Arelis Parache, nail artist & instagrammer @NailsbyArelisP, Virginia, USA.
1. What do you do for living? Stay at home mom of 2 boys, ages 9 and 4
2. Why nails? Always loved having my nails look pretty since I was a teenager.
3. When did you start your Instagram and how many followers do you currently have? May 17th 2013, as at March the 4 – over 128,000.
4. One piece of advice would you give someone wanting to grow their Instagram following? Great pictures, people love to see a great photo.
6. Favourite nail shape? Square.
7. The best nail care tip? I always file, never cut. Push your cuticles back. Always hydrate your nails and hands with a good lotion.
8. The worst thing to do for your nails is? Bite them.
9. How many polishes in your collection? Around 500.
10. Favourite main stream nail polish brand? Essie (check out Arelis’s impressive Essie collection in the photo gallery above!)
11. What nail polish are you coveting right now? Essie Tuck It In My Tux.
12. Favourite top coat? Essie Good To Go.
13. Favourite colours? White, Black, Nude & Reds.
14. Favorite pattern/nail art trend? The Thin French Mani (see example in the gallery above).
15. How do you get inspired for your nail art? I mostly get inspired by fashion, but I really get inspired by anything my eyes see, patterns, papers, clothing, shoes, etc.
16. Your prediction for 2015: what nail designs will be hot this year? Bold and bright colors, stones and metallics are always a favorite.
Five Fast Nail Questions:
- Silver or Gold? Gold
- Geometric or Animal Print? Animal Print
- To match or not to match (nails to lipstick)? Either way, but a match looks prettier!
- Nail icon? Pshiiit, have always admired her work since I started nail art.
- When in doubt do (what kind of nail art)… Nail Wraps – instant nail art in minutes.
You can find and follow Arelis on Instagram.
Arelis Parache was interviewed by Maria Vlezko, February 2015. All images courtesy to Arelis /@NailsbyArelisP.