Meet Dazzle Dry, the revolutionary nail polish brand that is toxin-free, vegan friendly and unbelievably fast drying! Also, great news if you’re in Australia, Dazzle Dry launched in Sydney this month.
So what’s so exciting about Dazzle Dry? Well, first of all it’s certified toxin-free and vegan. Plus, it’s the only nail polish on the market that dries completely in just 5 minutes – yes, even 3 thick coats! If you find that hard to believe I don’t blaame you but you can see the evidence on my Snapchat (username: SoNailicious). Interesting fact: the story of the brand began in 1989 when Dr. Vivian Valenty developed a new formula that dried wet polish in 3 minutes when exposed to UV Light. She kept working on the formula and developed the brand that we know today as Dazzle Dry.
Before we get to the technical details, here’s a few things you should know about this brand:
- The Dazzle Dry’s range now consists of over 200 colours and 3 nail care products – prep, base and top coats.
- It’s a certified vegan product, which is also 4-free.
- The non-yellowing patented formula is fortified with proVitamin B5 and Calcium to strengthen your nails.
- Dazzle Dry dries rock-hard in 5 minutes without UV light.
If you’re following me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen me sporting Dazzle Dry. I’ve been test driving this new range for a week now and before writing this post, I went through 10 different nail colours including the tricky ones, like pastels and white. Because if you want to know how good the nail polish is, try the white. It highlights any flaws in the formula.
So did Dazzle Dry pass the test? Read our full review below to find out!
- Formula: Highly pigmented with a very fast drying formula. Vegan friendly, 4 free – i.e. no Nitrocellulose, Toluene, Formaldehyde and Camphor.
- Application: This polish is a bit tricky to apply, you really have to wait for each coat to dry completely before applying the next coat. Also, for this nail polish to work well, you’ll need to use the Dazzle Dry™ Quick Dry Natural Nail System (pictured above). You can’t just use any base coat and any top coat, the system is a must. Watch this application video for more details.
- Finish: Mostly classic cremes. Just 2 layers of polish required to achieve 100% opacity. For white polish – 3 coats.
- Brush: The brush is smallish but it’s also flat and easy to use.
- Wearability: Super long lasting, the pictured yellow manicure lasted 7 days chip free with Dazzle Dry top coat.
- Nail Art: Dazzle Dry polishes are perfect for striping tape nail art. Just make sure you apply one coat of a top coat before applying the stencils. These polishes are not suitable for any kind of nail art that requires the polish to stay liquid for a while, i.e. marbling and delicate patterns.
- Extra Notes: When Dazzle Dry nail polish dries on your nails it may look uneven or bumpy but don’t worry. Once you apply their top coat, it makes your manicure look perfectly smooth and shiny. Almost like a salon gel manicure!
- Pink and White Nails: Dazzle Dry Grand Prix Pink and White Lightning, plus Dazzle Dry Nail System and custom made rose gold studs.
- Yellow Nails: Dazzle Dry Frozen Lemonade (base), Forget Me Not, Raspberry Creme, LOL and Anticipation, plus Dazzle Dry Nail System.
Dazzle Dry Overall Impression: Great vegan nail polish, 4-free, very long lasting and exceptionally fast drying. It requires some skill to apply and you have to use the Dazzle Dry™ Nail System with it but if you’re looking for a fail-proof, toxin-free gel manicure alternative I’d certainly recommend giving it a try.
Available: via Dazzle Dry Australia – $24.95 per 15 ml bottle and Dazzle Dry 3 Piece Nail System – $75.
For availability in other countries enquire VBCosmetics.
Have you tried Dazzle Dry nail polishes before? Are you keen to give them a go?
– Maria, xx
Disclosure: this post is brought to you by Dazzle Dry Australia. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dazzle Dry. Read full disclosure policy here.