When I started writing about nails, one of the first nail art blogs I followed was Bella Ritchey’s Seize The Nail. Original nail designs, drool worthy long nails and Bella’s personality drew me to her blog. Bella started SeizeTheNail two years ago. Now with a staggering social media following and interviews in industry publications, her blog is one of the top nail sites, not just in Sweden, but worldwide. It was her passion for nail art that motivated Bella to change her career from a routine day job.
So read on lovelies, get to know Bella, pick up quite a few useful nail art tips and make sure to scroll through the gallery to see some of the best Bella’s designs!
NAIL FILE: Bella Ritchey, nail artist & blogger SeizeTheNail, Sweden.
1. Why nails? I love to be creative! Before I started my music production studies I was so bored. I was doing boring things, had a boring career. So I started to do something fun and creative, – nails! Then I decided that I wanted to do fun and creative stuff with my career as well so I started study music instead of boring stuff!
2. What do you do for living? I study music production at the University
3. Nail care product you can’t live without right now is… Nail oil! Any nail oil containing jojoba oil – I can’t live without it!
4. The best nail care tip? Use nail oil! After you removed your polish, rub nail oil into your nails and cuticles for a few hours before applying new polish.
5. How many polishes in your collection? Around 300 bottles.
6. Favourite main stream nail polish brand? Essie.
7. Favourite indie polish brand? GG Couture.
8. The most treasured/favorite nail polish in your collection is… A Flip Flop Fantasy by China Glaze that has traveled around the world between seven amazing nail artists before it arrived in my hands. It’s invaluable to me!
9. What are your favourite local nail polish brands? Sweden’s pride – IsaDora.
10. What nail polish are you coveting right now? The Sally Hansen Color Foils.
11. Favourite colours? Nude, pink and black.
12. Favorite nail art pattern? Gradients and animal patterns.
13. The most adventurous nail art you have ever created? That will probably be the boobies I did of breast cancer awareness month in 2012. I tried to recreate them this year, but I still think the once I did two years ago was better.
14. How do you get inspired for your nail art? Browsing for nail art on Instagram.
Five Fast Nail Questions:
- Red or blue? Blue
- Floral or Geometric? Floral
- To match or not to match (nails to lipstick)? To match!
- Nail icon? Lucy’s Stash
- When in doubt do (what kind of nail art)… Leopard prints!
You can find and follow Bella’s blog on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Bella Ritchey was interviewed by Maria Vlezko, October 2014. All images courtesy to Bella/SeizeTheNail.