Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! So here’s a new Valentine’s Day nail art idea for you to try. It’s a bit more edgy than your typical Valentine’s Day manicure with love hearts and kisses. However, the whimsical colour scheme of this nail design sets the right mood and makes it perfect for February the 14th.
This manicure was inspired by the new Mavala I Love Mini nail polish collection, that consists of 6 vibrant red shades:
- MyAngel – an angelic burgundy
- MyLove – a charming raspberry
- MyDarling – a true pink
- MonAmour – a fire red with a slight shimmering effect
- MyPassion – a true red
- MySweetHeart – a vibrant reddish brown
As soon as I saw all these romantic colours together I thought of a gradient Valentine’s Day manicure. Ever since we collaborated with Mavala, I’ve been enjoying using their products – they are toxin-free, cruelty free and excellent quality. So Mavala lacquers are perfect for Valentine’s Day – it’s not only that you’re wearing pretty pinks on your nails but you’re also declaring a true love for your nails by caring for them properly and using high quality products!
If you’re keen to try Mavala, their products including the new I Love Mini collection are available online via mavala.com.au and in selected pharmacies nationally. To locate the nearest shop visit here.
Now without further ado, let’s proceed to the how-to! This gradient Valentine’s Day nail look is very easy to do, so regardless of your nail art skill level you should be able to recreate this design flawlessly. Just follow our step-by-step tutorial below!
1. Paint all nails with 2 coats of your favourite nail strengthener. I used Mavala Mava-Strong. Allow the nail strengthener to dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
2. Cut about 20 of 2 cm long pieces of the nail art striping tape and attach them on all nails as pictured.
3. Use the polish brush to fill in the area at the nail bed with light pink polish. I used Mavala Violet. Repeat on all nails.
4. Use a thick detailing nail art brush to fill in the middle area with bright pink polish. I used Mavala MyDarling. Repeat on all nails.
5. Use the polish brush to fill in the nail tip area with dark pink polish. I used Mavala MyLove. Repeat on all nails.
6. Accurately remove the striping tape and clean up around the cuticles if required.
7. Use a striping nail art brush to paint the silver lines (or use silver glitter striping tape instead – simply attach it between the pink details) on all nails as pictured.
8. Seal it all with 2 coats of a quick dry top coat and you’re done!
So, how do you like the new Mavala I Love Mini collection, which colours would you pick to do your Valentine’s Day nails with?
– Maria, xx
Disclosure: this post is brought to you by Mavala Australia. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of the brand. Read full disclosure policy here.