Recently I collaborated with a new Australian brand, Say It With Polish, to create a dozen new designs with their new polish collection. One of my favourite looks are these Next Level Two Tone Nails. So before we descend into Halloween with it’s abundance of ghoulish nail art and cute pumpkins, here’s a quick tutorial on Two Tone nails.
This nail design is a real multi-tasker, you can even convert it into an edgy Halloween nail art by using traditional Halloween colours. It’s also relatively easy to do, so if you’re keen to try freehand manicures for the first time, this is a great way to start. Alternatively, this look can be easily recreated with stencils, I’ll explain how.
Without further ado, let’s see the how-to.
- Paint all nails with 2 coats of light blue polish.
- Use a striping nail art brush to paint thin lines with purple polish on all nails as pictured.
- Use the polish brush to fill in one side of a nail with purple polish. Repeat on all nails.
- Use a detailing nail art brush to tiny half moon details with black polish on all nails.
- Let your nail art dry for 5 – 10 minutes, then apply 2 coats of a quick dry clear top coat and you’re done.
***To re-create this nail design with stencils follow this easy nail art tutorial.
- Say It With Polish Purple Rain and Savvy Blue,
- OPI We’re in the Black
- Essie Gel Setter top coat.
- SN 03 Spear striping nail art brush
Wearing: Dainty Mid rings.
So what do you think about this Upgraded Two Tone nail design? Will you give it a try?
– Maria, xx