The biggest party of the year is only a couple of weeks away! If you haven’t started planning your party nails, better put your thinking cap on now. There’s an old Russian pro-verb “How you greet New Year is how you will spend the new year”. So let’s decide on our NYE party nails now to ensure our nails look fabulous for the entirety of 2018 ;)
With so many other things to do at this time of year, our Dark blue and Gold design is perfect! It looks beautiful and is quick and simple to do. If you’re a nail art beginner, this one’s for you. All you have to do is to choose a nail colour that suits your outfit and nail stickers to match the design. I opted for a classic dark blue and gold combo but white and black or dark red and gold will look equally stunning.
A quick tip: use metallic or shimmering nail polish for the base of your manicure. They look marvelous when mattified and the small particles of shimmer add depth to the colour. As for the nail stickers, you know where to find them ;)
You will need:
- Shimmering or metallic dark blue polish
- Sticky tape
- Geo Aztec nail stickers
- Base coat and top coat
- Matte top coat
1. Cut the tape and attach to nails as shown in the picture. Make sure the tape adheres to the nail properly to ensure clean lines.
2. Work one nail at a time, paint upper part of the nail dark blue and carefully remove the tape.
3. Repeat step 2 on all nails, then clean up mistakes, if any and apply fast drying top coat
4. Choose which nail stickers you will use and ‘try’ them on to make sure the pattern aligns well.
5. Apply stickers on all nails.
6. Finish your nail design with 1 coat of matte top coat.
- A-England Queen Of Scots
- So Nailicious Geo Aztec Nail Stickers
- A-England The Shield top coat
- Mavala Color Matt top coat
- SoNailicious #4 Warrior angled brush
Hope you enjoyed this Party nails tutorial and we have inspired you try something special for your New Year’s Eve manicures!
And, if you try design, we’d love to see it – Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicious.
– Elina, xx
P.S. Looking for more elaborate? Try these New Year’s Nails!
Did you like this post? Let’s stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.