Looking for a quick way to upgrade your manicure? Then you’ll enjoy this Star nails how to! This manicures is done in trendy purple colours. In case you missed the news, Pantone named Ultra-Violet as the colour of the year and the world went crazy for all things purple, lavender and violet. I’m fine with that as lavender and dark purple nail polishes look so flattering on nails. As for the Stars, it’s one of those chic nail art patterns that will never go out of fashion and well, it’s my favourite.
So here’s the super easy way to join the Star appreciation society – use stickers! It literally took me about 5 minutes to go from plain nails to a funky Star nail design and today I explain how you can do it yourself.
You will need:
- Base coat
- Lavender nail polish, like Kester Black Luna
- Glitter Star nail stickers
- Silicone tool
- Top coat
1. Apply base coat or your favourite nail strengthener.
2. Apply 2 coats of lavender nail polish. I used Kester Black Luna
3. Wait till nail polish is completely dry. You can speed up the process by applying a very thin coat of a fast drying top coat.
4. Choose which Star stickers you will use and where you will place them. First ‘try’ them on without attaching stickers to your nails to make sure the pattern looks good.
5. Apply stickers on all nails. Press firmly by using a silicone tool to make sure no bubbles of air trapped underneath the stickers.
6. Finish your nail design with 1 – 2 coats of a glossy top coat.
- Orly Nailtrition
- Kester Black Luna
- SoNailicious Glitter Star Stickers
- Sally Hansen top coat
- SoNailicious #4 Warrior angled brush
Hope you enjoyed this easy Star nails how to and it’s inspired you to incorporate some fun stickers in your manicures!
Now, over to you!
Have you tried using self-adhesive stickers for your nail designs or do you prefer freehand patterns?
– Maria, xx
If you want to learn how to paint freehand stars, watch this video tutorial.