St Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! So I’m paying homage with this elegant Shamrock Nail Art. I’ve done funkier St Pat’s nails before – like there Luck of Irish nails and this classic St Patrick’s Day nail design. So this year I opted for a more elegant ‘grown-up’ version, which is still very Irish.
The manicure is done in traditional colours of Ireland, where the pointer finger symbolizes the Irish flag and the middle finger is decorated with an embellished shamrock. To paint the Irish flag finger is pretty easy, especially if you have a good striping brush. Just add lines of green and fire red over white and you’re done!
Now, the shamrock is a bit more complicated… below you’ll find a detailed how to for painting shamrock nails yourself. And speaking of the brush, 02 Needle liner nail art brush would be your best best for this kind work.
HOW TO DO SHAMROCK NAILS:
- Apply 2 layers of white polish your nail and let it dry for 5 minutes. Paint the outlines of your shamrock with a liner nail art brush.
- Paint outlines of the shamrock leaves.
- Fill in your shamrock.
- Apply 2 layers of fast dry top coat to smooth your nail art. Let it dry.
- OPI Apline Snow – white
- OPI Living on a Bula-vard – fire red
- OPI Is That A Spear in Your Pocket – green
- SN 02 Needle nail art brush
- OPI Infinite Shine Top Coat
These nails will look particularly with the cup of Irish coffee I’m going to have first thing this Saturday morning as a mini homage to St Pat’s Day!
Now, over to you!
Are you doing any special St Pat’s nails this weekend?
– Maria, xx
P.S. If you try this St Patrick’s Day Shamrock nail art, I would love to see it! Tweet or Instagram me @So_Nailicious your manicure with a tag #sonailicious.
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.