Are you ready nail art warriors? Nail Art Fashion Week (‘NAFW’) is back! NAFW 2016 will take place this April 11-17 and you’re INVITED! This month is going to be huge. Last year, over 100 nail artists from around the world participated in #NAFW2015 and #NAFW2016 will be even bigger! 5 international hosts will post their best nail art for 7 days. We would love you to join the action!
The main difference between Nail Art Fashion Week and any other fashion week is that NAFW happens globally and it’s not just for fashion VIPs, it’s for any nail art warrior who feels like challenging themselves to create 7 new fashion inspired nail designs.
What is NAFW 2016?
As any regular reader of this site will know, fashion is one of the main sources of nail art inspiration for me. See this, this and this post for example. I’m also a huge fan of fashion weeks, they are so much fun and have an atmosphere filled with creativity, excitement and spectacle. I wanted to capture this spirit for the nail art community, consequently, the idea of running a Nail Art Fashion Week was born. It took a some time to put it all together, but finally, it’s back!
NAFW 2016 Hosts
I’m so excited to announce that this year’s NAFW 2016 will be hosted by me (representing Sydney) along with 5 incredibly talented nail artists: Emily VeryEmily from Brussels, Anja Lieve91 of Ljubljana, Lucie LucysStash from London and the veteran of NAFW, Victoria Manicurator in New York.
To challenge ourselves, to give our creativity a boost and to further our nail art skills by creating unique fashion inspired nail designs every day for one week. And most importantly, to have fun and connect with each other!
How You Can Join
Simply create nail art that follows the schedule below and share it with us by posting it on Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook with the tag #NAFW2016. It’s our official hashtag and we’ll be checking it every day. Some of the best works will be featured on our social media accounts. So here’s your chance to get featured by @So_Nailicious, @Manicurator, @VeryEmily, @LucysStash and @Lieve91
The NAFW Fall 2016 Schedule:
- April 11 – Favorite fashion designer: create nail art inspired by your favorite designer. It can be your fave local fashion designer or an established fashion house, i.e. Chanel, YSL, DVF, Wang…
- April 12 – Shoes: create nail art inspired by shoes. It can be any shoes you like, wear or covet. Preferably from the Fall 2016 collections. You can find shoe inspiration here and here.
- April 13 – Bag: create nail art inspired by a bag. It can be any bag that you like, but preferably from the Fall 2016 collection. For inspiration see here and here, or check this gallery (pick a collection and check their ‘Details’ section) for Fall 2016 bags.
- April 14 – Fashion Trend: create nail art inspired by your favorite fashion trend, i.e. florals, colour blocking, nudes, neons, sport chic, etc.
- April 15 – Style icon: create a design inspired by your favorite fashion icon, i.e. by her/his outfit, her favorite colours or maybe nail art that they wore. It can be an actress, blogger, model or your neighbor – anyone you consider a style icon.
- April 16 – Fall 2016 dress: create a design inspired by a dress or any outfit seen on the Fall 2016 runways.
- April 17 – Fall 2016 runway nail art: re-create any nail art from Fall 2016 runways. Check this article and this gallery for more inspiration.
If you need more inspiration check out Fashion Week galleries via Vogue and Women’s Wear Daily.
So what you’re waiting for? Pin or save the NAFW 2016 schedule above and start gathering your nail art inspiration! Feel free to share the schedule, i.e. repost, upload to your blog, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Grab the button!
Add this button to your blog’s sidebar and link it to your blog post announcing that you’re going to Nail Art Fashion Week or simply link it back to this post.
So will you be joining us? Personally, I say let’s ROCK IT!
– Maria, xx
P.S. Stay updated!
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.