These Mystical Flame Halloween nails were partially inspired by the film, Maleficent and partially the stunning acid green LimeCrime polish. This sleek design looks so simple but getting those flame silhouettes absolutely perfect requires some concentration. In today’s tutorial we show how to re-create this look yourself and, should you wish to take it to the next level, outline the black flame with bright orange or yellow.
- Apply 2-3 coats of opaque acid green nail polish on each nail.
- Before you start painting the flame pattern on your nails, draw the pattern on paper. It will be much easier to re-create the look on nails.
- Work one nail at a time. Use a thin liner nail art brush to paint the flame outlines.
- Fill in the outlines using thick nail art brush or nail polish brush.
- If some flame lines didn’t turn out well, use the green polish and detailing brush to correct your mistakes and smooth all uneven lines.
- Repeat step 3-5 on all nails. Allow 15 minute for your design to dry, then apply 2 coats of clear top coat to seal and smooth the design. Done!
- Orly Nailtrition – base
- Lime Crime Pastelchio polish,
- Bio Sculpture 2017 black
- 02 Needle liner nail art brush – to paint the flames
- Mavala Gel Finish top coat
Wearing Precious Stones Ring and Sportsgirl ring.
Now over to you!
What do you think about about these Mystical Flame Halloween nails? Keen to try it?
As always, whether you will use this tutorial or invent your own Halloween nail design, make sure you show us! Tweet or Instagram us a photo with a tag #sonailicioushalloween, we’d love to feature your work in this year’s big Halloween Nail Art round-up!
– Maria, xx