Ouch! You broke your nail. Now chill, no need to grab that nail file yet. I’m going to show you a genius trick – how to fix a broken nail! I’ve used this technique countless times and I guarantee, it really works. Case in point, I broke one of my nails yesterday, half of it was still attached to the live nail bed. Ewww, I know. But true to tradition, I decided to make some delicious lemonade out of the lemons life gave me by sharing this nail-saving trick with you!
So here’s the tutorial. Seriously guys, if done properly your broken nail can be salvaged.
You will need:
- tea bag
- nail glue
- buffer or nail file
- nail strengthener
- Cut a little triangle piece of tea bag.
- Hold the tea bag piece with tweezers and saturate with nail glue. Don’t use not your fingers!
- Accurately place the triangle over the broken part of the nail leaving a little bit hanging over the nail edge. Press the tea bag down gently, wrap it over the nail edge and press it to the underside of your broken nail.
- Wait until the glue is completely dry and apply one coat of your favourite nail strengthener. I used ORLY Nailtrition – my absolute favourite.
- Wait till the nail strengthener is fully dry and gently buff to even out the surface.
- Apply second coat of the nail strengthener.
- Follow up with a nail polish and top coat. Done!
So have you tried to fix a broken nail this way before? Do you know of an even more genius technique that we should know? Share for the sake of humanity… share!
– Maria, xx
More tips on how to prevent nail breakage:
- 10 best nail strengtheners according to you!
- Brittle nails: how to make them stronger
- 8 tips for growing stronger and healthier nails – expert advice.
- The best cuticle care for longer and stronger nails.