Let’s take a break from all the Diorific goodness and talk hands. Because no matter how gorgeous your new polish is, if your hands are not in great condition your manicure won’t look it’s best. So today we’ll show you how to do a DIY hand spa at home in just 15 minutes. This routine is really easy, quick and if you use the right products, the result can exceed all expectations.
So here’s how!
- Wash you hands with a luke warm water and gentle soap.
- Apply your favorite scrub – massage it thoroughly into hands and rinse off with water. We used Sea Siren Hand and Foot Scrub – it’s non-greasy, gentle formula that visibly softens fine lines and leaves hands refreshed and nourished. It smells really nice to0 with a hint of spearmint.
- Apply your favourite hand mask.
- Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes then rinse it off with water. If you know how, you can perform hand massage at this stage. We used Sea Siren Hand Mask. It’s a nice refreshing gel rather than a cream based formula. After 10 minutes of this mask, your skin will feel and look more soft and supple.
- Apply a good moisturising hand cream to facilitate further nourishment. We used Sea Siren Hand and Nail cream – it has nice refreshing citrus scent, a very light, non-greasy yet moisturising formula that is also good for your nails.
- Final step: cuticle cuticle oil. Apply cuticle oil all over your nails and massage it into the cuticles and in the area above to add extra nourishment to the area of nail growth. We used Sea Siren Cuticle Oil which is a great mix of vitamin E, jojoba, sunflower, pomegranate and other fantastic natural oils. Now if you’re going to bed, put your sleeping gloves on to make sure all this goodness doesn’t go onto your pillow.
Note: If you’re going to do a manicure – do it after step 2, then proceed with a hand cream and cuticle oil.
A weekly hand spa at home like this will ensure maximum nourishment to your hands, promote healthy nails growth and will help combat ageing. It maybe that anti-ageing is not a big concern to you at the moment, but the sooner you start looking after your hands, face and body properly the longer your youthful appearance will last.
Also, the products and ingredients in the products that you’re using for your home hand spa play a paramount role in your skin and nail health. Some products that contain silicone and parabens, for example, instead of nourishing are just masking the problems. So we’d recommend to be picky and use only quality products for your home hand SPA, preferably organic or at least check the ingredient list before you buy them.
So that’s exactly why we used Sea Siren hand care products throughout this tutorial. They are organic, cruelty-free and free from harmful chemicals, DEA, MEA, phthlates, parabens, silicons, etc. These are the products that we’re actually using at the moment and they work really well.
Now, over to you!
Do you give yourself hand spa treatments at home? Or, what other extra hand and nail care rituals do you have? Share in the comments, for the sake of eternally young looking hands I’d love to know!
– Maria, xx
MORE GREAT MANICURE AT HOME TIPS:
- How to do gel nails at home like a pro
- How to file nails for the perfect oval shape
- How to repair your nails after acrylics
- How to do manicure at home like a pro
Did you enjoy this post?
Then stay in touch by subscribing to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.