With Halloween is just around the corner I couldn’t miss an opportunity to join the fun by doing some Halloween nail art. It’ll be the first* SoNailicious Halloween nails ever! Firstly because this time last year, SoNailicious only existed as a sketch in my diary. And second, because in Siberia where I grew up Halloween isn’t celebrated so I knew nothing about it.
After some research on what Halloween is about I chose to do nails with some of the main symbols of Halloween – black cat, Jack O’Lantern, a ghost and a spider. Conveniently, the new OPI Rock Goddess mini pack had just arrived. It features black, orange, green and yellow shades, so the colour palette of our spooky nail art was sorted pretty quickly.
To create this Halloween Nail Art, I first painted each nail in different Rock Goddess shades. Then using this detailing brush I painted the Halloween symbols. Finally, two layers of top coat. Done!
- Orly Nailtrition – base
- OPI Yellowpalooza, Stand in Lime For Days, Rolling Bones and The Drummer is Hot shades from OPI Halloween 2013 mini pack
- 01 Warrior detailing nail art brush – to paint the cats, ghosts and pumpkin
- 02 Needle liner nail art brush – to paint spider webs
- Mavala Gel Finish top coat
Now over to you!
Are you doing any Halloween nails or have you done some already? I’d love to feature your creations in our upcoming, big Halloween Nail Art round-up! Tweet or Instagram us your photos @So_Nailicious with a tag #sonailicioushalloween. The more the merrier!
– Maria, xx
MORE HALLOWEEN NAIL IDEAS:
- For short nails – 28 Halloween nail art ideas
- 10 Best Halloween nails
- History of Halloween: Halloween nails guide
- Tutorial: Spider Web nails
- 12 Scarily stunning Halloween nail designs
Did you enjoy this post?
Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter to get our weekly email updates or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.