What is St Patrick’s Day?
For Christians, the day commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. However, it has also become a celebration of Irish culture in general. The day generally involves public parades and festivals and wearing of green attire. St Patrick Day is widely celebrated by the Irish all around the world!
Another interesting fact that explains why is shamrock and green are associated with St Patrick day. According to Irish folklore, Saint Patrick was using the shamrock to explain the Christian doctrine of the Trinity to the Irish people. That’s where the significance of wearing green on St Patrick’s day comes from – it means to wear a shamrock on one’s clothing!
As for us nail polish addicts, we can join the celebrations by wearing green nails on Sunday or for more skillful and time resourceful of us – to attempt this St Patrick nails design.
The best 6 green nail polishes to inspire your festive St Patrick’s Day green nails!
- Butter London Nail Polish, British Racing Green, $15 here
- Essie, Pretty Edgy, $8.00 here
- OPI Nail Lacquer, Gargantuan Green Grape, $6.05 here
- OPI Nail Lacquer Muppets Collection, Fresh Frog of Bell Air, $9.50 here
- Essie Summer 2012 Collection, Mohito Madness, $8.00, here
- ORLY FlashGlam FX 2012 collection, Mermaid Tale, $9.99, here
And, if you’d like to learn how to do full on St Patrick’s Day nail art check out this tutorial!