Geometric nail art is one of those universal styles that suits everyone. It looks great on long and short nails, is great as an everyday nail look and it can be upgraded to a special occasion with studs and glitter. So when I was selecting Ulta3 polishes for our Nail Stars Melbourne nail art class yesterday, I thought why not create a nail art tutorial for SoNailicious.com too? So for our international readers who can’t be in Melbourne this weekend, here’s a special treat. Enjoy our Edgy Geometric nail art tutorial!
This nail art tutorial is a bit more complex then what we usually show. You’ll need a great striping nail art brush and some skill with that brush too. If you don’t own a brush yet, I’d strongly recommend getting one because that’s where the nail art magic happens, when you’re using your special brush!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 opaque nail polishes in bright colours
- Opaque taupe nail polish
- Striping brush
- Top coat & base coat
- Apply 2 coats of opaque taupe nail polish on all nails. Don’t wait for it to dry and proceed to the next step.
- Now, work one colour on all nails at a time. First, using the striping brush paint black lines on all nails as pictured. Work slowly and take your time perfecting the lines. Sometimes it helps to paint the line first on a piece of paper just to see how the brush and polish work. Clean and dry your brush.
- Using the clean brush paint the bright green lines right next to the black lines, as pictures. Clean and dry your brush.
- Repeat step 3 using neon orange nail polish.
- Using the same cleaned brush add white details to your thumb, point and ring fingers.*
- Clean up around cuticles and apply 2-3 coats of clear fast drying top coat. Allow sufficient time for your design to dry.
*If your lines didn’t turn out straight the first time, go over each line again with the same colour (repeat steps 2-5) and straighten the lines, cover the flows, correct the width and sharpen the corners. After that proceed to step 6.
- all polishes Ulta3 – Black Satin (black), Cloud Nine (taupe), Lily White (white), Tangello twist (orange) and Mojito (green),
- Sally Hansen Big Shiny top coat
- 03 Spear striping nail brush
Do you usually use nail art brushes for your nail designs? Are you keen to try this Edgy Geometric Nail Art?
– Maria, xx
P.S. If you do try this Geometric nail art, show me your work by tagging it @So_Nailicious on Instagram. I’d love to see your work!
Did you enjoy this post?
Then stay in touch by subscribing to our Weekly Newsletter or follow us via Bloglovin for daily updates.