As promised here’s the first (but not the last!) nail art tutorial with Pantone Color of the Year 2016. These Futuristic Rose Quartz nails were partially inspired by Lackfein’s nail design and partially by the new ‘shattered glass’ nail trend. However, instead of the full on ‘shattered glass’ look, I just used the ‘glass’ details to add an edgy, futuristic feel to the otherwise simple nail design.
A great bonus, this nail design is really easy to do! No advanced nail art skills required, just a bit of patience and a piece of blue metallic wrapping paper.
Without further ado, here’s the how-to!
1. Apply your favourite base coat and let it dry completely.
2. Apply Straight Line nail stencils as pictured.
3. Quickly paint all nails in 2 coats of light pink nail polish until opaque.
4. Remove all stickers with tweezers
5. Cut blue metallic wrapping paper in 10 pieces as pictured.
6. Use tweezers to attach the blue pieces as pictured and seal your design with two coats of matte top coat. Done!
Wearing: Platinum Knuckle Ring.
So that was easy, right? I’m keen to try these Futuristic Rose Quartz nails in other colours, maybe the classic black and white combo for next time. What about you, will you give it a go? Don’t forget to show me if you do ;)
– Maria, xx