Our Halloween nail odyssey continues! Today I’m showing you another fantastic Halloween nail art idea – half-moon Candy Corn nails. It’s an elegant look, so if you’re not normally into spooky nail designs, this one is just the right one for you. A great bonus, these Candy Corn nails are very easy to do! If you have some nail art skills and the nail art brush is your best friend then you can freehand the entire look in about 15 minutes. Just paint all nails in white and then add orange and yellow parts.
If you’re still developing you freehand skills, use our easy French Manicure guides to help you with your lines as per how-to below! Note, Step 2 is very important…
- Paint one half of the nail in white and the other in yellow.
- Clean up around cuticles and apply 1 coat of fast drying clear top coat (it’s essential you apply top coat now!)
- Apply French nail art stickers as pictured.
- Now work one nail at a time. Paint the area inside the stickers with orange nail polish.
- Immediately remove the stencils but be very careful.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 on all other nails. Allow 5 minutes for your nail design to dry and finish it with 2 coats of a fast-drying glossy or matte top coat.
Used: Essie Blanc, OPI Yellopalooza and The Drummer is Hot…, FABY Fast Dry top coat and these French manicure nail stickers.
Wearing: Gold Knuckle ring.
Alternatively, if you don’t like the classic Candy Corn colour scheme, go for something more Halloween-y! Try this nail design in black, green and purple or black, white and purple, etc. Either way, it will look fabulous!
So what do you think? Will you give these Candy Corn nails a go, what colour combo will you use?
– Maria, xx
P.S. Whether you use this tutorial or invent your own Halloween nail design, make sure you show us! Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicioushalloween2015