That was fast wasn’t it? 2014 is already here! It seems like just yesterday that we did these blue and silver New Year’s Nails to celebrate the arrival of 2013 and now it’s already time to do NYE 2014 nails. This time we opted for a sleek black and gold design because we needed a design that could be easily replicated on both hands and would suit to the NYE outfit. Although, black and gold is such a classic colour combination that it will match almost any colour dress.
To get the look:
- Paint all nails in milk white polish. Make sure you use a good density white lacquer because for this design you don’t have the luxury of more than 2 layers to get even coverage.
- Using a thin striping nail art brush, paint small dots at the nail bed where the gold stripes will begin then paint gold stripes on each nail as pictured.
- Using the same nail art brush, fill in the gaps on nails on each side of the nail with black nail polish.
- Let your design to dry for 5 minutes and seal it all with 2-3 coats of quick dry high gloss top coat.
Note: you can use striping tape to do these black and gold New Years nails but it is much faster and easier with a great striping brush.
- Orly Nailtrition base coat
- 03 Spear striping nail art brush
- Orly Softest White
- Orly Lux (gold)
- Orly Vinyl (black)
- Orly Polishield top coat.
How do you like this black and gold New Years nail design? Have you done your NYE nails already?
– Maria, xx