While summer was excellent, as an autumn person, I’m ecstatic to feel the morning chill, watch thunderstorms and use darker and more saturated nail colours.
To create this Autumn nail art, you will need to go through your nail polish collection (yay, for organizing all your beautiful polishes!) and select five Autumnal nail colours that look good together. You’ll need them to create the ombre base. To see which colours match well – swatch them in your Little Book of Nail Art.
I opted for Fall reds and used five colours ranging from warm dusty pink to dark burgundy red. However, any of your favourite Fall colours would look great, whether you go for a grey to black ombre or green to blue, etc. Just choose what suits your Fall wardrobe the best. The same is with the details – if you prefer silver than use silver polish for details, and another great option – rose gold. The possibilities are endless!
So without further ado, let’s move on to the how-to!
You will need:
- 5 nail polishes for your ombre base
- gold or silver metallic nail polish
- liner nail art brush
- detailing nail brush
- base coat
- top coat
1. Apply one layer of a clear base coat. While waiting for your base coat to dry, choose nail polishes for your ombre manicure by swatching them in your Little Book of Nail Art. Then apply two coats of 5 matching colours to create ombre, as pictured.
2. Using detailing brush, paint leaves with a metallic polish. First, paint a small curved line for the leaf stock with a liner brush and then add leaves, which takes us to the next step…
3. Add 5 leaves to the leaf stock line described above.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, drawing more leaves on the middle and ring fingers to make a nice pattern.
5. Start making the half moon line by drawing dots to make a guideline path for the perfect line.
6. Using a thin liner brush connect the dots with one stroke and you will get the perfect half moon. Allow 10 minutes for your design to dry, then apply a clear top coat.
- Kinetics nail colours – Pretending Pink, Kinetics Berries on Ice, Kinetics Cold Days, Warm Hearts, Looking Strong, Kinetics So Much And More
- Little Book of Nail Art for oval nails
- Mavala Gel Finish Top coat
- SoNailicious 02 Needle Liner nail art brush – to paint the stock and half moon lines
- SN 01 Warrior detailing brush – to paint the leaves
- SN 04 Slayer clean up brush – to clean up
Are you keen to try this elegant Autumn nail art? Which Fall nail colours will you be using?
– Elina/NailScope, xx