Statement nails are one of the hottest accessories for summer 2013. So for you lovelies, here are the top 6 nail art ideas straight from New York Fashion Week to try. While they are quite easy to recreate, they will add a touch of chic to take your look to the next level.
1. Rothko-inspired manicure Created by the Butter London team for the Veda show, these nails have the avant garde vibe of Mark Rothko paintings. To re-create, simply add a glossy black stripe over your freshly painted nails.
2. The Racing Stripe As seen at the Monika Chiang show. Just add a strip of chrome straight down the center of the nail – and your nail art is done. How easy is that?
3. Diagonal Pop of Neon Right in line with the neon trend – paint your nails with a neutral shade nail polish. Let it dry and then simply place a piece of tape diagonally across the tip and paint them in a neon hue!
4. The Bloody Manicure Created by Tracy Lee of the Sally Hansen team for Prabal Gurung, these nails became an international sensation! Re-create this mani by dipping a fine-tip striper brush into a blood-red polish and draw the drips. A detailed explanation can be found here.
5. White Caviar Nails Whether it’s winter or summer where you are now, you can always re-create white Christmas magic on your nails. Paint your nails with a layer of clear nail polish and dip them into caviar beads. Done!
6. The Matte-Shine French Manicure A fresh take on the traditional French manicure that can be executed in almost any color combination. To re-create this one, layer a slightly darker matte pink shade on top of a glossy one.