Looking for a beautiful and easy summer nail art idea? Then you’ll love this striking white and gold nail art! These colours look chic, clean and airy. This combo is perfect for summer. However, if you’re in the Southern hemisphere, you can easily adopt this design for winter. Simply replace the white nail polish part with black or any other dark colour that looks great with gold.
To create this white and gold nail art, you’ll need temporary gold tattoos. Yes, you can use them for nail art ;) The nail design is super easy and requires minimal nail art skills. Just follow our step-by-step tutorial and get ready to party!
You will need:
- white nail polish
- extra wide striping tape
- gold temporary tattoos
- base coat and top coat
1. Apply a base coat and wait until it is completely dry. Next, attach wide striping tape as pictured. Make sure the tape adheres to the nail properly to ensure clean lines.
2. Now, work one nail at a time. Paint the upper part of nail white and carefully remove the tape. Repeat on all nails.
3. Clean any imperfections with a clean up brush and apply one coat of quick dry top coat. While nails are drying, choose which tattoos you would like on your nails.
4. Cut out your chosen symbol(s) and put it face down on your nail as shown.
5. Take a wet cotton pad and lightly press it on the tattoo until the paper is wet. Then carefully remove the paper and voilà, the tattoo is on your nail!
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 on the other nails. Finally, apply 1-2 coats of a fast drying top coat over all nails and you’re done!
*Note: this design will also look great mattified. Try Essie Matte About You to get the matte look.
Now, over to you!
Have you tried to use temporary tattoos for nail art? How did it go?
And, how do you like this White and Gold Nail Art idea? As always, if you try this tutorial, make sure you show us your creations! We’d love to see you work – Tweet or Instagram us a photo with the tag #sonailicious.