Hair and makeup are crucial to any look but many people underestimate the importance of nails. So when SoNailicious was invited to participate in Australia’s Most Beautiful Hair campaign we gladly agreed. We’re starting today with this how-to post and will continue sharing different hairstyle & nail looks over the next few weeks on @So_Nailicious Instagram. Hope you’ll enjoy!
Living in a big city and having a busy life often means returning home to change your entire outfit, makeup and hair for an evening event is simply not possible. You’ve gotta learn to do it on the go baby! In this post, we’ll show you how to do it in 10 minutes.
- Blow dry your hair as usual to wear your long bob down, straight or curly.
- If you’re using a flat iron to straighten your hair, make sure you use a heat protectant like Schwarzkopf Ultimate Keratin Blow-Dry Energiser.
- Finish the look by adding a dime-sized amount of serum, like Schwarzkopf Zero Frizz Creme along the length of the hair for added shine and to fight frizz during the day.
2. Face: Wear office-appropriate makeup in neutral shades. Make sure you apply good quality primer and long lasting foundation and mascara to ensure your makeup will last the distance.
3. Nails: Work appropriate manicure or just a base coat.
- Add a strong hold gel, like Schwarzkopf Styling Gel, and distribute throughout dry hair.
- Make a very deep side part in the hair. Starting from the part, comb the hair flat to the head.
- Either scrunch the back of the hair for some contrasting texture or keep it flat.
2. Face: Refresh your makeup by adding some highlighter on cheekbones, under the eyes and the tip of your nose. Follow up with a translucent powder and add a bright lipstick. Eyeliner is optional.
3. Nails: apply 2 coats of dark or red nail polish and follow up with a fast drying top coat.
Easy, right? Just make sure you pack your ‘transformation’ essentials along with some funky heels and accessories the night before in your carry all bag. Now you’re set for the day AND night!
Now, over to you guys… What are your tips for a quick day to night transformation?
- Maria, xx
* * *
Don’t let your beautiful hair go unnoticed! Join Schwarzkopf’s nationwide search for Australia’s Most Beautiful Hair for your chance to win a photo shoot with They All Hate Us and $2000 spending money. Enter NOW at mostbeautifulhair.com.au.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Schwarzkopf Australia via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Schwarzkopf Australia.