Following our review of the OPI Sheer Tints, today we show you how to re-create one of the designs – Tartan Nails!
With Sheer Tints it’s quite easy! All you need is two contrasting shades of tints, striping nail art brush, white opaque polish and a bit of patience ;) The best thing about this Tartan nail art is that if you make a mistake or your lines aren’t perfectly straight – it’s fine! Sheer Tints are very forgiving and in fact, they look good blurry, water-colour like looks.
TARTAN NAIL ART TUTORIAL:
- Apply 2-3 coats of white polish and let it dry for 5 minutes.
- Paint one thin coat of your chosen OPI Sheer Tint top coat (we used Blue) over the entire nail (all nails).
- With a striping brush and using the same Sheer Tint paint two thick stripes (like a cross) on each nail.
- Using the same striping brush and Sheer Tint paint two thin stripes (like a cross) close to the thick cross.
- Using the same striping brush and contrasting Sheer Tint (we used Purple) paint four thin stripes (like a cross). One cross over the thick blue cross and another cross next to the thin blue cross.
- Clean up with a small brush dipped in nail polish remover and apply 2 coats of your favorite top coat. Done!
Used: Essie Blanc (white base), OPI SheerTint I Can Teal You Like It (Blue) and Don’t Violet Me Down (Purple), Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat and striping nail art brush.
Wearing: Floral Crown Ring.
Hope you enjoy this Tartan nail art tutorial and as always, look forward to seeing your version! Make sure you tag @So_Nailicious in your Instagram photo, if recreate this nail design. We’d love to see your work!